Peak Claims is one of the most experienced provider of marine surveyor services in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific United States. As independent marine surveyors we provide insurers, attorneys, shippers and receivers or owners (consignee) of cargo with marine cargo damage claim surveys. Our experience includes break bulk cargo such as heavy machinery, agricultural products (bunker or hold surveys), ocean marine containers, open containers, rail, trucking, air freight, reefer (refrigeration) containers, food product, information technology, and nearly everything else in between.
The surveyors at Peak Claims also have experience working with over-sized and super load cargo surveys in excess of 90 metric tons. In addition to damage surveys, we are well versed in loading and discharge surveys (sometimes referred to as “loss control” or “condition” surveys) and missing or astray freight, along with stock throughput policies and manuscripts in the Surplus market. Our knowledge spans simple and complex domestic transfers, as well as international commerce involved multiple parties throughout the world. You can find some great examples of our work by visiting the inland marine cargo surveyor blog or by contacting us for further information. In addition to inland marine surveys we also provide rolling stock surveys for land-peril coverages in stock yards.
Our marine surveyor experience includes:
- Aerospace (Aircraft Hull, Flight Simulator, Antennas, Balloons, Aerostat)
- IT Equipment (Servers, Storage, Networking, Switches, Telephony)
- Heavy Industrial (Power Plant, Mill, Mining, Pumps)
- Automation & Control (Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB Alstom)
- Bulk Paper Rolls & Paper Products
- Computer Kiosk Systems (ticketing, gift cards, etc.)
- Border & Customs (Rejection, Interference)
- Food Product
- Green Energy (Wind Turbines, Nacelles, Wind Blades)
- Break Bulk & Stock (Steel, Copper, Piping, Iron)
- New & Antique Furniture (Imported, Domestic)
- Biotech & Medical (Medical Supplies, X-Ray Equipment, Pumps)
- Manufacturing (Wind Energy, Solar Panel)
- HVAC Equipment (Cooling Towers, Heating, Industrial, Commercial)
- Precision Tools (Gyroscope)
- General Merchandise (Clothing, Retail Goods, Electronics)
- Super Load (90+ Tons)
- Restaurant Equipment
- Building Supply (Stone, Glass)
- Pharmaceutical (Raw and Finished Product, Related Equipment)
We have experience with the following perils / causes of loss:
- Insufficient Packing
- Transit Fortuity
- Shifting & Damage due to incorrect or poorly designed lashing
- Reefer (Refrigerated Container) Temperature fluctuation and overloading
- Water Damage (Nitrate and Chloride Ion Testing)
- U.S Customs Rejection and Bonded Customs Warehouse Failures / Foreign material presence
- Unknown substance existence
- Heavy Accident / Total Loss
Our standards for conducting a cargo survey are simple and effective:
- Remain impartial in gathering evidence that proves or denies fact.
- Record all pertinent details that will contribute to an effective subrogation solution if available.
- Ask relevant questions of the parties involved.
- Organize the above into a report with corresponding photos that can be easily deciphered, understood and interpreted by you and your colleagues.
If we don’t have experience handling your specific type of loss we’ll be glad to discuss how our prior experience will help to ensure a reliable outcome. We believe strongly in denying acceptance of files that are beyond our scope of ability, but are happy to provide a free consultation. Please contact our lead cargo surveyor, Mr. Phillip Crimaldi, at 888.816.0807 (ext. 704) for additional information or simply fill out our confidential contact form with a few details and we’ll call you at your convenience.